Recommendations During Pregnancy
It is never too late to start developing good habits that will protect your baby during pregnancy. Please follow these recommendations:
- It is important to stay well hydrated throughout your pregnancy with water, Gator-Ade or equivalent.
- Avoid raw meats, sushi or ceviche.
- Avoid not eating for long periods of time. More than 6 hours is considered too long.
- Do not take any medication that the doctor hasn't written a prescription for. If you use any medications on a regular basis please inform the doctors.
- Do not use tampons during pregnancy. Avoid sexual relations if you bleed after intercourse or if you are contracting.
- Do not use alcohol, cigarettes or illegal drugs during pregnancy. They could harm the development of the baby.
- Avoid exposure to toxic chemicals, x-rays, radiation and certain vaccinations.
- Avoid changing the cat's litter box.
- Avoid excessive caffeine consumption.
- Do not use artificial sweeteners such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Sweet and Low.
- Avoid exercises that increase the heart rate over 140 or that cause the core body temperature to rise above 101 degrees.
- Avoid hot tubs, Jacuzzis, or saunas.